OS X El Capitan, the latest version of the Mac operating system, builds on the groundbreaking features and beautiful design introduced in OS X Yosemite, refining the experience and improving performance in lots of ways that you will enjoy every day.
Make the Most of Your Screen with Split View
- Focus on two apps at once-neatly – arranged side by side – in full screen without distractions.
Take Control of Your Desktop with Mission Control
- View all your open windows in a single layer with no overlap, so you can instantly find that window you’re looking for.
- Create a new desktop space easily by dragging a window to the top of your screen.
Smarter Search in Spotlight
- Search for weather, stocks, sport, web video and public transport information in Spotlight.
- Use your won words to search for files on your Mac, like “documents I edited yesterday”.
- Resize the Spotlight window and move it anywhere on the screen.
Handy Improvements in Mail
- Use your trackpad to manage your inbox with a swipe, just like on iPhone. Swipe right to mark as read or unread, or swipe left to delete.
- Mail automatically suggests contacts and events from your message to help you keep your contacts and calendar organized.
- An improved full-screen view lets you switch between your inbox and your draft email messages.
A Simple and Powerful all-new Notes App
- Format your notes with titles, paragraph headings, bullets, numbers, and checklists.
- Save rich content like photos, videos, documents, PDFs, web links and map locations.
- Easily search and browse the content from all your notes in the Attachments Browser.
- Add content to a note directly from other OS X apps using the Share menu.
- Create notes your Mac and they will automatically sync to your iOS devices using iCloud.
New Ways to Organise and Enhance Your Images in Photos
- Photos automatically organise your library and helps you edit like a pro with simple and powerful editing tools.
- Add or edit location data, and batch change titles, descriptions and keywords.
- Sort your albums and the photos in them by date, title and more.
- Use third-party editing extensions to take your photo editing to the next level.
Better Surfing in Safari
- Keep your favourite websites open, up to date and easily accessible with Pinned sites.
- Choose a font and theme for Reader, including Sepia and Night themes.
- Mute web page audio from the Smart Search field.
Maps, Now with Transit View
- See public transport lines and stations for selected cities, including metro, train, bus and ferry routes.
- Plan your trip based on when you want to leave or arrive.
- Research your trip on your Mac and share it to your iPhone or iPad for use on the go.
The OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 Update Improves the Stability and Security of Your Mac
- Improves Wi-Fi reliability
- Improves the reliability of handoff and AirDrop
- Fixes an issue that may cause Bluetooth devices to disconnect
- Fixes an issue that prevented Mail from deleting messages in an offline exchange account
- Fixes an issue that prevented importing photos from an iPhone to a Mac using USB cable
- Improves iCould photos sharing for live photos
These were the newest features of Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.2. I hope that this should be helpful for you. Thanks for being with us.
Leave a Reply