In this age of technology, almost every platform is using a password in order to authenticate with your account. Routers are also part of this community which is using passwords in order to protect the router from unknown users. Whenever you are connecting your iPhone or iPad to the Wi-Fi, you won’t be able to view the password. But your device remembers the router’s passwords so, the next time when you turn on the Wi-Fi it will automatically connect to that network. However, there are times when you forget the password and someone asks you to connect his or her device to the network. These are such times when you may have to look at the back of your router to see the password or log into the router to find the password. Or finally, you have to use this new technique to View WiFi passwords on iPhones and iPad.
Note: Every iPhone which is supporting iOS 16 and iPad which is also supporting iPadOS 16 are capable of viewing the Wi-Fi password.
How to View WiFi Password on iPhone and iPad?
With the release of iOS 16, you can view the Wi-Fi password on your iPhone and iPad easily. So if you are IS is not updated to the latest version of IIS 16, updated it right away to get the feature.
- Open the settings on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap on the Wi-Fi section.
- Find the Wi-Fi that your device is currently connected to, then tap on the “i” icon inside the circle.
- Under the autologin, you will find a password tab on it.
- To view the Wi-Fi password on your iPhone and iPad, depending on your iPhone or iPad model you’ll have to either use the touch ID or face ID to authenticate in order to view the password.
- After this successful authentication, you will be able to see the Wi-Fi password.
Note: This technique only works if you are connected to that network.
View Wifi Password by accessing the router
iOS 15 and older versions of iOS users should use this method to view the Wi-Fi password. This method is actually very simple, visit your router settings through a browser> visit the security tab and view the password. It actually works across all devices including Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS.
- The first step is for you to find the IP address of your router, if you have access to your router the IP and the user and password are written on the back of the router you can get it from there. However if you have the router’s user and password, but don’t know the IP you can get the IP address from the settings of your iPhone. For that open the settings> Wifi> Tap on “i” located within the blue circled> Next to the Router, hold a moment to copy the IP Address.
- For the second step, launch a browser and paste the IP address that you copied. If you see your connection is not a private error, tap on advanced> and choose “processed”.
- You must insert your router’s username and password to log in.
- After that click on wireless> Wireless security> and under the security, you will be able to see the password.
It is always better to use the built-in features of iOS to accomplish your goal. In case of viewing the Wi-Fi password, you must be using iOS 16 however in older versions of iOS, access the router settings and view the password. Here is How you can find out the Wifi Password on Android easily too.