It doesn’t matter in which line of work you are, always a break is necessary. If you are an influencer, or a simple day-to-day Instagrammer who wish to take a break from the buzzing messages and notifications of Instagram, perhaps the best idea is to turn off or hide your Instagram active status. Once you hide your Instagram active status, you can start ghosting others and instead of using another Instagram account. The good news is that you can hide your Instagram active status on any device that you are (PC, Android, tablet, iPhone and iPad). So, it is an easy trick to fool your followers whether you are online or not.
What Happens If hide Instagram Active Status?
If I put it in simple words, when you hide Instagram active status, no one will be able to see the green icon on your Instagram profile while messaging. So, if someone sends a message to you, they won’t know if you are active or no, but you can still check out the message.
Please be caution, hiding your Instagram active status does not mean that they won’t see your Instagram story, reels, or Instagram posts. I recommend this feature to use whenever you are tired of replying to people for a while specifically if you are going to a vacation.
Hide your Instagram Active Status on Android
As of the moment Android is one of the most used operating system, so why not start with hiding your Instagram active status with Android.
- You have to open the Instagram application on your Android phone, then a login with your credentials.
- Following that you need to access the settings of Instagram, for that you have to tap on your profile at the bottom left.
- Tap on the hamburger menu from the top right corner, then it is going to open the menus, from there you have to tap on settings.
- Following that you have to visit the privacy.
- Inside the privacy, you will find an option known as active status, tap on it.
- Toggle it to hide your Instagram active status.
Hide your Instagram Active Status on iOS
The second operating system which is really common among the users is iOS so, let’s go ahead and find out how we can hide your Instagram active status.
- To begin with, I’m sure that you have already downloaded the Instagram aside from that you have already logged in with the required credentials.
- After that one you have to visit your profile which is located at the bottom left corner of your iPhone
- Then from the bottom you have to simply tap on the three horizontal lines to the top which is going to bring the menus of Instagram.
- From there you have to choose settings following that you have to visit privacy> active status.
- Now toggle the Show your Active status to hide.
Hide your Instagram Active Status on Browser
There are people who are using Instagram on their browser instead of using it on the official Instagram application. In any case here are steps that you can use to hide your Instagram active status on browser.
- Open your favorite browser, visit instagram.com and log in with your credentials.
- Following that you have to visit the settings, for that you have to click on your profile then choose settings.
- Go to privacy and security from the left sidebar.
- Finally uncheck the box “Show active status”
Hiding your Instagram active status makes your followers accept as true with you are no longer online even when you are. However, you’ve realized the trick, I wouldn’t say it’s perfect if you run your customer base on Instagram. For a business Instagram account being online and active and showing that to their clients and followers is necessary. I personally don’t recommend official account should follow the steps, but still, you have the option just in case any time you felt the need. However, for personal and private accounts who need a break from the busy buzzing world, hiding your Instagram account is the best option.
Regardless, with your active status hidden, you can seize all the enjoyment you desire on Instagram while your followers maintain questioning whether or not you’re online or not. Why did you disguise your Instagram active status? Let me know in the stories in the comment below.