Face time is the default video calling application for iOS devices and macOS. Up until last year, no one was able to join any Facetime calls other than the apple devices. But ever since they launched this new feature, they can create a group call or send a link to you then you can join the call through a web version of Facetime even on your Android device. It means you still cannot make the call, the iOS, or macOS user must make the call first. So, I was wondering what are the best FaceTime alternative for Android. That’s why I have gathered the following list which are far more better than FaceTime and available cross platforms.
The Best FaceTime alternative for Android
There are many more messaging and calling applications available on Google Play store that you can find. And based on my research I have chosen the following six FaceTime alternative which are quite handy and helpful for anyone. Obviously if you don’t agree with the following list, you can create your own list and mention it to me.
- Facebook Messenger
- Google Duo
Skype was first launched in 2003 and has grown into a global business with more than 500 million active users around the world. It is the best alternative for FaceTime because it is free and easy to use, and it works with your existing Apple devices. Skype lets you make free calls over Wi-Fi or cellular network. It is also a free instant messaging app that allows you to call, text, and video chat with people who use Skype. It’s perfect for groups or businesses who want an easy way to communicate with their customers and employees. Skype is available on PCs, Macs, tablets and mobile phones. Depending on your device, Android or desktop you can group video call from two people all the way up to 100 people.
- Using the Skype credit you can call to any mobile number and landline phones
- similar to Messages app on Android phone the SMS has the limit of 160 characters
- Video messages that you may send through Skype will remain at least for six months
- Maximum of 100 people can join in a video call group, or present a presentation through the PowerPoint or record a video or present a video through the group to others.
- Overall if I have to say Skype features are limited to the audio calling and video call, text messages, calling landline and phones through the Skype credit, recording calls and creating live captions, screen sharing and finally private messaging.
2. Facebook Messenger
Facebook Messenger is a great alternative to the traditional communication apps like Skype, WhatsApp and Viber. Facebook Messenger is an easy-to-use messaging app that lets you call, text, and video chat with your friends and family on Android devices. Facebook Messenger is available as a free download from the Google Play Store.
Here are some of the best features of Facebook Messenger:
- Instant Messaging: Facebook messenger allows you to send instant messages to your friends straight from the app. You can also send messages using keyboard shortcuts or drawing a smiley face in the chat window.
- Call: You can make free voice calls to your friends using this app. There are various options available such as group calls, one-on-one calls, or making video calls if you have a compatible device.
- Video Chat: The video chat feature of this app allows you to share videos up to 30 seconds long with your friends who are not on Facebook messenger but who have installed it on their phone as well.
- Share Your Screen with others
- In Facebook Rooms 50 people can join while in Facebook Messenger 8 people can join.
WhatsApp, the best FaceTime Alternative For Android, has been gaining popularity for a while now. With over 1 billion people currently using the app on a daily basis, WhatsApp has become one of the most popular messaging apps in the world.
WhatsApp is available for both iOS and Android devices and has been around for quite some time now. It is easy to use and offers a lot of features that make it stand out from other messaging apps like Facebook Messenger or Google Hangouts.
One of the best things about WhatsApp is that it allows users to send messages without having to pay anything. In fact, there are no fees at all when you use this app on your phone! This means that you don’t have to worry about sending large files or pictures, as they will be deleted automatically after they are received by the recipient(s).
- WhatsApp uses end to end encryption to protect you.
- You can text, documents, chat, send video, photos links to anyone anywhere using WhatsApp.
- Group calling is also one of its features and it can support up to 512 people in a group calling previously this number was 32.
- And finally it is available for Android, iOS, Windows and Mac and also Web version is available if you want to use it in Linux.
Signal is a free messaging app that lets you text and video chat with other Signal users. It’s faster than FaceTime, and it’s also better for privacy. Signal is available for iPhone, Android and macOS. You can download it from Apple’s App Store or Google Play Store.
The Signal app uses end-to-end encryption to protect your chats from prying eyes — so only you and the person you’re talking to can see what you send each other. This means they won’t be able to read your messages or listen in on them if they’re intercepted by someone else. Signal also offers voice calls through its own app or through Google Hangouts on iOS (and Android) devices.
- You can say signal is the best alternative to WhatsApp since creator of WhatsApp and signal are the same person.
- Similarly, it has also entered an encryption to protect your messages.
- Since it is very similar to WhatsApp, it has also the same limitations similar to WhatsApp too. For instance, maximum file size on single in android are 100 MB for an image, 500 MB video, and 25 MB Gif. In Desktop and iPad and tablets, this number changes.
- It is good for group calling and screen sharing too but the number of group calling is 40 people.
5. Google Duo
Google Duo is a video calling app that lets you make free voice and video calls over Wi-Fi, cellular or your data connection. Google Duo is a video calling app for Android. It’s different from other apps because it doesn’t use your phone number to make calls. Instead, it uses Google’s servers to match you with other people who are using the same service.
You can also use Duo to make calls over Wi-Fi and cellular connections. If you’re looking for a replacement for FaceTime, then Google Duo might be worth checking out. It’s fast, easy to use and doesn’t require you to sign up for anything in order to start using it.
- 32 people is the maximum number that Google Duo can support in a group call
Viber is a free app that lets you make free calls, send free text messages and share videos with people around the world. It’s available on Android, iOS, BlackBerry and Windows Phone.
Here are some reasons why you should switch to Viber:
- Free calls: You can call anyone using Viber for free. The app has no data charges or limits on how long you can talk. You can also call landlines, mobiles and VoIP numbers from within the app.
- Free text messages: You can send unlimited messages through Viber for free too.
- Videos: You can share videos with friends and family members using the app.
- A maximum of 40 people can join in a group called using Viber
- send stickers, gifts or create stickers of your own and send it while messaging
- join communities or finally send disappearing messages
These are my choices for the Best FaceTime alternative available across all devices. Let me know your choices, does any of them include or no.