I simply recommend you to share these top 25 tips to increase domain authority for your content writer, programmer, site manager as well as the designer so that they will keep it in mind while working on your site, which will increase your Website domain authority. Also, you will learn what is domain authority and how to increase it.
What is Domain Authority?
Domain authority is a measure of the power of a domain name and is one of many search engine ranking factors. Domain authority is based on three factors: Age, Popularity, and Size.
SEO gurus Moz can be credited with the metric known as DA or domain authority. Moz’s own search algorithm gauges the quality of any given site based on a huge complex combination of factors including onsite and offsite, taking into account things such as diversity of Backlinking domains to come up with a score between 0 and 100. A brand new site, for example, will have 0 whereas a very high authority site might have 80/100. Domain Authority gives those working in the field of online marketing a useful metric by which to consider the apparent quality of any site.
Increase Domain Authority
- However your domain age should be more, the more it ranking better.
- Domain History. If the domain used for spamming in the past then the domain will have less authority.
- Pagerank. (Highest is the best)
- Backlinks. High quality, genuine, relevant Dofollow links are best
- Quality of backlinks
- Relevancy of backlinks
- Genuine or not
- How many Nofollow & Dofollow links
- Write original content. Users love original contents, so they visit again
- Write quality & useful content. Quality content is easily understandable, which described well
- Content adding frequency. Frequency updating site will have more domain authority
- Interlink other articles. While writing each article, link other related articles of your site with relevant keywords, which gives more readership and domain authority.
- Don’t add adult or offence content
#3. User Behavior
Affected by site structure, ease of navigation, user friendliness, added features which stand out of the competitors.
- Bounce rate: Lower is the best. If the bounce rate is low, that means the users are interested in your site.
- Returning visitors “More is the best”. If the returning visitors increases then, you are on the right track.
- Number of page views “More is the best”
- Tracking Sources “more is the best”.
- Time spent “More is the best”.
How users find your site, how many pages they visit and the time they spend on your site are considered while giving domain authority.
- Speed. Fast servers improve user experience, thereby increases domain authority
- Crawlability. Frequent crawl errors are really bad and reduce domain authority.
- 100% uptime. Server which always serving increases traffic as well as domain authority
- Malware. If malware found on server domain authority will be decreased dramatically.
- Redirection. Try to avoid unnecessary redirects within your site or others.
Crawl errors and malware can be found in Google Webmaster tools. To check and improve site speed Google Insights will be helpful.
#5. Social Media
- +1’s from Google Plus. +1’s works like backlinks, more is the best, but don’t spam using a bot or buy +1’s since Google can identify genuine +1’s.
- Authorship. Increases not only domain authority but also traffic.
- Social Traffic and User behavior. Social Traffic & user behavior are tracked for identifying whether the site is trustable/ useful or not.
- Robots.txt. The one which allows all search engine bot is the best.
- Sitemap.xml. Well structured sitemap increase domain authority
- What is special on your site for your Website users?