In this article, I’m going to show you how to reset zip file password or recover a lost zip file password. This question is being asked for hundreds of time on the internet. Bluekeys asked this question.
I have some files I was given by my teacher at University, I could chase him up, but I may as well try getting blood from a stone, his response rate isn't great and I completed my degree a year ago!
They're pdf files stored inside password protected zip files. The passwords are networking related, have upper and lowercase and numbers, but no special characters as far as I remember, and some are permutations of each other "passwordL1", "l2Password" etc.
What are the different encryption algorithms employed by .zip files?
How can I determine the protection in use on my zip files?
Where can I find good papers and tools, which will ultimately give me back the pdfs which are annoyingly hidden by the password?
Reset Zip File Password
In our today’s topic, I would like to show you the best password resetter that can recover a lost zip file password. That’s not a big deal if it should have special characters, upper case letter, lower case letter, and numbers. You can reset them all but there is one condition that you should have the full version of that software. I’ll give you more information about it.
iSunshare Zip Password Genius
ZIP Password Genius, advanced and powerful zip password recovery software, recovers ZIP/WinZip/7Zip archives lost or forgotten the password. With it, you can crack *.zip files password easily in few seconds.
Support all versions of the ZIP, WINZIP, 7ZIP archives.
- Easy and fast to recover zip password.
- Stop and resume zip password recovery process as you wish.
- Free trial one and free technical support are always for you.
Platform: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2012.
#1. Effective and Powerful for Zip/Winzip/7zip File Password Recovery
- Recover forgot or lost passwords for encrypted ZIP/winzip/7zip archives.
- Unlock password-protected zip archives no matter what compression and encryption method it used.
#2. Fast Zip Password Recovery with Advanced Decryption Methods
- Offer four powerful attack methods: Brute-force, Mask, Dictionary and Smart.
- Support multi-core CPU to accelerate zip password recovery process significantly.
- The more CPU cores you have, the faster zip password recovery speed you will enjoy.
#3. Auto-Save and Resume Zip Password Recovery State
- Automatically save the process when the ZIP Password Genius is shut down accidentally.
- Resume zip archive password recovery process when you run the program next time.
- Friendly user interface and operation wizard make every step clear to everyone.
- No technique is required to recover zip password with ZIP Password Genius.
#5. Two Editions are Provided to Recover Zip/Winzip/7zip Password in Two Situations
- Standard version: Support zip password recovery on a computer with four powerful password recovery types(Brute-force/Mask/Dictionary/Smart).
- Professional version: Recover zip password only with default Brute-force. But it could let zip password recovery client program “iSunshare ZIP Peer” run simultaneously on all accessible computers to recover zip password in Local Area Network.
How to Recover a Lost Zip File Password
First, what you’re going to do is download and install “Zip Password Genius” from the link above. Once the download and installation process is completed, open the software.
Step #1. Tick mark all the necessary box which you think the password consist of. For example. All capital letters, Small letters, numbers, and special symbols.
Step #2. Go to the Length tab then choose the minimum and maximum length. Most of the password are 3 digits, 6 digits or 8 digits. You should guess that what can be the minimum or maximum length of the password.
Step #3. Now, click on Open then choose the zip file which you want to reset its password.
Step #4. Click on “Start” then wait for some seconds or minutes. The time duration depends on the complexity of the password.
Step #5. Now, open the zip file with WinRaR or 7zip then type the password and hit “OK” button.
This was a brief description of Zip password genius and how to use it to reset the zip file password within some seconds or minutes. I hope you enjoyed this post and would be helpful for you. If you’ve got any question, feel free to share it in the comment section down below. Thanks for being with us.